View Single Post
Unread 02/22/2016, 07:54 PM   #22
homer1475
Registered Member

Tank finally arrived!!!

Couple small issues. I don't like the sump layout, so I think I'll be tearing that apart and making it to fit my needs. The return section is nearly twice as large as the refugium section, and only one over under baffle. I want to move the baffles over a couple inches making the return section smaller while increasing the refugium section, and adding a third over baffle.Whats the best way to break the silicone seal so I can move the baffles around?

Skimmer body and bubble cup is cracked, called Steve at SCA and hes mailing me a new one.

Ordered new bulkheads and unions and gate valves all based off of having 2 1" holes, and 1 1/2" hole. Tank has all 3 holes as 1". Not a huge issue but I have to order new stuff and contact BRS to mail back the stuff I don't need. I'm sure the S&H to mail it back I'll have to pay :s

Long story short, tank looks amazing, well put together and the silicone work is superb. All around I'm happy with the purchase.

I put the MDF stand together and have sealed the corners with caulk. Tomorrow I'll get some primer on it and possibly painted. One thing I have to say, their instructions are horrible! It's a good thing I have some knowledge in putting stuff like this together and it went together fairly easy.

Cracked skimmer body:

Cracked bubble box:

Stand with seems caulked:

Back of stand. I really like the large cutout for wires and the plumbing.

I'm not super happy with the stand(I know how these cam lock POS's are), but it will work and its not terribly ugly. Should have ponied up another 100$ for an all wood stand. But hidsight is always 20/20.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote