View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2017, 09:56 AM   #1
toddmau5
Registered Member

help choosing an anthias

After years of trying and failing at keeping dispars, I decided I was going to give the carberryi's a try. Lately I've been leaning towards maybe going with the bartlets anthias. I have been trying to search and read about them but everything I can find are threads from years ago and wondering if the information was still accurate. My findings were that bartlets were aggressive and eventually they would all end up turning into males. I love the coloration of the bartlets but really want a nice school. Every carberryi I have seen in the local stores is super pale, like almost white and definitely not colored anything like the ones online. The bimaculatus is also a strong favorite but I haven't done and reading up on those because I would probably have to add 2-3 of those at a time due to cost. The wife then throws a curve ball at me that she like the lyretails the best. Just town on what to do with anthias. Any thoughts or inputs?
I would definitely like an active schooling fish that's pretty hardy and doesn't require a ton of feedings each day. I can feed in the morning and evening no problem. I know the lyretails are going to be the response but I feel like everyone has them and they coloration just really doesn't do a whole lot for me

Current Tank Info: 265G
toddmau5 is offline   Reply With Quote