View Single Post
Unread 04/10/2009, 11:47 AM   #78
dazed
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HighlandReefer
From other threads, I have read where some hobbyists were dosing carbon sources, running GFO and GAC, while dosing AlgaeFix. Some claimed success and a couple felt that the vodka dosing was interfering.

Personally, I have stopped sugar dosing, GAC and GFO while I have been dosing Algae fix because of the statement by Randy, which I quoted earlier in this thread.

I would say if you like, try dosing it with whatever and see what kind of results you get. I would be interested to hear about your results however you decide to do it.

IME, regarding your skimmer, you may see an increase, but nothing out of the ordinary to deal with. I would recommend following the label directions.
Thanks for the information i can put off the carbon dosing if it interferes with the algaefix, i may remove my tlf reactor with the carbon as well but if the product only lasts 24 hours in the tank not sure how much of a difference it would make. The directions are vague at best it gives a dosing recommendation and that's about it as their is no mention of removing carbon,gfo etc. it does state it will not cause foaming and that's about it. Dosing every 3 days so my next dose is due tomorrow.

Current Tank Info: 100g with 30g sump. Lighting: Aquactinics MH/T5 (2) 175w Iwasaki 15k & giesemann t5 bulbs (1) Aqua Blue + & (1) pure actinic. Flow (2) Tunze 6101 w/7095 controller. Skimmer Msx 160, RK2
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote