View Single Post
Unread 06/27/2007, 07:48 AM   #16
rsw686
Registered Member

I think I read your previous thread where it was commented on about the stand not being the right size for the tank. Seriously build or buy a stand that fits the tank. You have alot of stress on that tank from it hanging over the edge. The silicone is having to hold the weight of the side panes of glass. No its not going to fail today or tomorrow, but if you leave it like that chances are withing a year a seam will go and water will flood through your room. Not to mention the loss of life of whatever inhabitants are in your tank.

Why do you have the CPR BakPak skimmer in the water? Its a HOB skimmer and I wonder if it would work better outside the water.

On the plumbing did you use PVC primer or just the PVC cement. It just doesn't look like there is primer on there. Primer preps the pipe so the cement can make a solid joint.

I would've put the ball valve on the drain to the skimmer section, water will take the shortest path so your probably not getting much flow to the other end. If you could close off the skimmer section more you could easily very the flow to the other side.

Current Tank Info: 90gal reef w/ 20 gal sump, Aquactinics TX5, Octopus NW150, AquaController Jr.
rsw686 is offline   Reply With Quote