Thread: Help ID anemone
View Single Post
Unread 12/11/2017, 04:14 PM   #62
D-Nak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendehl View Post
Thanks pfan! As I am new to reef tanks, let alone anemone doctor, I still don't know what is normal behavior or not and what are signs of improvements and regressions.

She does gets some of her tentacles very small and thin from time to time and, as of now, none of them look as extended as is Orion's pics. Now, she hasn't shrunk to nothing like it did before in the DT. What exactly do you call a deflation? Some tentacles getting deflated or whole the anemone closing entirely?
Healthy magnifica rarely deflate. If it deflates at all -- even some of the tentacles -- keep in in QT.

Something to look out for is the anemone's ability to hold itself upright. An example would be a neck and head of a person -- the ability to hold one's head up straight instead of falling to one side. An anemone should be able to have a full foot (the "'neck") that holds up the oral disk, which are the mouth and tentacles (the "head"). If it looks like it's slouching, it's not a good sign. I hope that makes sense!