View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2011, 07:32 AM   #16
rad1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonti View Post
I saw your post of what you feed, it is all manually or do you have some kind of auto feeding?

I have come to the conclusion NPS & large water changes go hand and hand. It looks like 20% to more than 50% is pretty normal.

I used to feed a Fauna Marin mix. I feed the same mix for the scallop, the porcelain crabs & the goby likes the cyclops-eeze just feed 1ml a day, some reef snow & a little nutramar ova for every thing. I would love to have a lace coral again. Will be following to see how yours fairs. How long have you had the spider sponge? The sponge part of mine didn't do well in the NPS tank or SPS tank.
so far, feeding has been manual. i would like to incorporate an autofeeder, for times i go on vacation, etc. been interested in getting reef pearls and coralscaptiv-e for the autofeeder, but i think there's issues getting reef pearls approved for the states. coralscaptiv-e can be apparently purchased thru an online forum, but the store isn't set up yet!

yeah, i'll probably up the water changes to at least 3gals/wk.

how did you like the FM mix? directions for making it seemed a little daunting. i used to have a lace coral and spider sponge in a mixed coral 20g - i mounted the lace coral too high and it became encrusted with coraline. the spider sponge did ok, it would get nuisance algae growth at the top, which i trimmed off. both corals succumbed in a massive tank crash, courtesy of snowmaggedon last winter.

the new spider sponge was initially doing well for the first week, but for the last week, the white parazoanthus polyps have not been opening. my dendros in the center also have not opened for the last week, and they were always open in their old tank. i guess it's time to check water parameters.

Current Tank Info: elos mini x2, biube
rad1 is offline   Reply With Quote