View Single Post
Unread 12/07/2008, 12:09 PM   #13
stugray
Premium Member

Thanks to everyone.

Here are some more details:

The AC 3 Pro can send outgoing emails when the alarm goes off.
It is not setup to use encryption ( SSL) so the email server ( outgoing) that I choose cannot be using SSL.

IF I have an account on the server, I can use authentication, but there is an option for no Auth.

All of the accounts that I already have use SSL ( login.live.com , gmail, etc. ) so I cannot use them.

It is also VERY difficult to try different servers since with the AC3Pro, you MUST enter the info from the front panel buttons ( PITA ).

SO.... I also have a wireless webcam ( Linksys WVC54GCA ) that provides the same features ( email notification on motion sense ), but I can configure all the server info from the web interface.

I tried a LOT of the servers from the list above, but CANNOT get any to work through the webcam. I figured if I got that to work, I would try the settings on the AC3Pro.

gilweb,

I am using a qwest DSL router on my LAN for my default DNS server.

jman77,

I DO have a thread on the neptune forum, but I have been trying all weekend to get this working & Curt probably wont respond over the weekend.

SO my other options are: Configure exim on my XP box under cygwin & use it as a email server, OR configure my linux box as an email server & leave it on all the time.

Or PAY to get ANOTHER Email account & HOPE it works ( then keep paying to get another until I find one that works......)

ARRRGH!!

Stu

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote