View Single Post
Unread 02/24/2009, 11:19 AM   #26
reefscape15
Registered Member

Boy! Ok so where to begin?!?

Quoted from RV7AFLYER - "Does anyone have a salt water turtle in their ref tank? Does anyone know where you could buy one? Is it legal to keep one? Would they eat the coral? I never thought of having a turtle in a tank until my daughter Ariel asked me today if we could get one."

First of all, you can't honestly say that you've been in this hobby for 25+ years and never thought of how awesome a baby sea turtle would be. And being in this hobby that long, you probably know that they feed on coral.

"Seems crazy but I don't think I have ever even thought about having a Turtle in a reef tank. I have had salt tanks since 1982 and dive around Turtles in Maui every year but until my daughter mentioned it I don't think I have ever thought about it."

Bullshit

"I was thinking of a baby Sea Turtle......... 3"- 6" and when it got too big I could let it go in the ocean. I don't think they have to learn to hunt for food from their mom. I think the little guy would survive. I am about 1/2 done aquiring everything to set up another tank: 470 gallon 84"x 36"x 36" with a 300 gallon sump. I wasn't planning on keeping the turtle until it could pull me around under water."

Again, being in this hobby for that long, and you don't know that turtles are all endangered, you don't deserve to have an aquarium. Seriously i would hope you try to get a baby sea turtle off the beach sometime, and you WILL get caught and spend lots of time in jail. Thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard, and thats saying alot being stated on this website where some real stupid things are said. If this thread isn't a joke, i hope your tank breaks tonight and floods your house!

JIM

Current Tank Info: 5g standard softie/zoa tank, just starting a 20H