View Single Post
Unread 03/01/2013, 08:56 PM   #63
watchguy123
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg93 View Post
"In my defense, all the original frags were so small and there was so much space. And there is always one more acro that I have never seen before, and how much space it could really take up. I am sure I am not the only person addicted to coral "

No sir indeed you are not

This is where I am right now. So many little frags. You give me hope for the future!
Hey, thank you for taking my side

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanacker View Post
simply top notch Mark. Your killin it.
I much appreciate your kind words

A couple of pics to share:

Reeftek starburst, I guess I should have done a close up because it is the bright yellow polyps that are so awesome. Grows great and really pretty

Red hyacinth, I believe Not the red planet--no green to speak of. This one colony grows out like an outstretched hand

Red Dragon. Here are two pics of the same colony because I like it so much. The pictures came out a little too purple. I corrected the temp to 20 k but this is what came out, anyway. My colony is getting big, like 5 to 6 inches across. The base is tiny, not a lot of encrusting. But it breaks so easily, i imagine the base does not need to be all that strong.

Red Convexa. I really do not have favorites, but this is my favorite. It is bright and vivid and red. It is just so darn cool. I discovered something pretty interesting after I fragged a couple of pieces. The fragged ends are growing multiple branches. It seems this coral as a defense mechanism encourages multiple branches to coalesce into a stronger, reinforced coral. Ultimately making it bulkier. So now I need to rethink my trimming approach to it.

watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote