View Single Post
Unread 05/31/2015, 04:47 PM   #77
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Bulent, last month you ordered Pohls Xtra. How do you rate this product so far?
I have approached to reefers on Zeovit.com to find out what this product contains. This has turned out to be a futile attempt. Sadly, noone knows the answer though a guy on here (@Allmost) is adamant that it does contain some amino acids among "other things".

I started to use it on 6th May with a daily dose of 0.5 ml (i.e. 0.2 ml per 100 l). I then increased the daily dose to 0.75 ml (i.e. 0.3 ml per 100 l). The following day I decided to stop using it. There are two reasons for it: First, I noticed a very slight increase in cyano density as well as frequency of its reappearance after syphoning. Second, Herr Hans-Werner Balling says that because I use Tropic Marin NP bacto balance, I should not really be dosing any additional nitrogen source. Doing so alters delicate nitrate-phosphate balance, which this products tries to achieve at very low levels.

During the course of using this product, I did not notice any difference in the coloration of my corals nor did I notice any difference in polyp extension. However, I do not think I used the product long enough to arrive at a firm conclusion.

Cheers

Bulent

PS. FWIW, the reason why I started with a daily dose of 0.2 ml per 100 l is that one of the prominent zeoheads advised people that this amount works for him best. I just took his word for it.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote