View Single Post
Unread 05/12/2017, 05:51 PM   #16
Wally.B
Registered Member

Matt,

(It's not that complicated. The process. You could do this with 2 Power Bars, and two pumps, two bins, hoses, but wouldn't be automatic)

This might help you and everyone else understand.
You do water changes all the time. (1-Drain Tank) (2-Fill Tank). This is exactly the same. (BUT THERE WILL BE ARITIFICAL INTELLGENCE doing it)

I just have a section in my Sump that is just 5 Gallons perfect.
The way things flow thru the Sump I can actually do more than One 5 Gallon change, in a row. Thus be able to do a 10, 15 Gallon water changes, (2-3 x5Gal, but all will be old water).

The magenetically mounted Water sensor at the bottom can be moved up and down, to adjust water changes under 5 Gallons. (ie my weekly quota 2.5 Gallons)

And that Reservoirs fill, it just a T pipe off my GFO feed that keep the In Sump Reservior cycling with water. It drains into the Return Section.

This picture is should help make things clearer.

It also shows my one idea for the Fresh Salt Water Bin. Got a few of these bin free from somebody who moved.
Inside will be a drain bin. Or I can just put drain bin next to it.

I do have a sinks and drain very close, but that is later.

I will be pushing button to watch a the Water Changes for a while. (No Auto Schedule right away)
Better then the Water Mix, Tank Siphon, and fill of the past.

IS THIS MORE CLEAR NOW?

If anyone has advice, warnings, etc. Now is the time to speak. I'll building it all this weekend. (I hope)

Last edited by Wally.B; 05/12/2017 at 06:01 PM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote