View Single Post
Unread 10/12/2018, 10:29 AM   #36
Louis Z
Registered Member

I am following OP Snuffie initial post he said he used cupramine then followed with prazipro. He said he dropped salinity but you recommended lower salinity. He says he still had flukes. My protocol had been to use FW . Then at the suggestion of paraguard conc dosing, I went out and tried it on my fishes flukes and it worked . I haven’t personally encountered prazipro resistant flukes . All of my simple methods have always worked when I have transferred the dipped fish to new tanks. They go in flashing and come out fine . I just thought the fish looked less stressed with paraguard.thats why I recommend it now . But my fall back will be 2 to 3 min FW dip. I have been recommending general cure at each new transfer in TTM because it has praziquantel and metronidazole . I want to get rid of protozoan infections and internal worm infections . metro is indicated for protozoan infection in humans . Whether it gets high enough in internal dose to do that - I don’t know . I wonder if metro attacks ick in its protozoan swimming stage in the water

Louis Z is offline   Reply With Quote