Thread: dino experiment
View Single Post
Unread 02/18/2011, 09:11 AM   #117
turbo21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkopp36 View Post
I am dosing 1ml/g without taking into account live rock as of tonight. I started on the 11th of this month but I was only dosing 35ml on a 400g total system volume because of rock displacement and such. With sneeyatch's input I am dosing the full 40ml now. I dose in the evening which is about halfway through my lights on period of 8 hours. I did have the lights off the past two days but had them kick back on today. I have a lot of SPS and frags and didn't want to go too long without lights.
you will be fine going for 3 days without lights. many people have done it with sps in their tank and had no problems. i havent seen anyone successful in using peroxide and getting rid of the dinos without the 3-4 days of lights off. i hope you are the first

i would also try to dose in the morning to hit the dinos before the consume the lights and get half the day to spread

the other thing that really seemed to help for me was running filter socks and changing them daily. i have never seen a sock clog up so fast as when i had dinos and was dosing peroxide

bob
bob

turbo21 is offline   Reply With Quote