View Single Post
Unread 10/06/2011, 08:52 PM   #8
jcgd
Registered Member

Did some more this weekend. I was looking for a soldering station and while I was browsing the Wellers the shop worker recommended a Hekko. It was the same price but had a few features I like such as temp readings in both ferinheit and celcius. He also said he found it doesn't drop it's temp like the Wellers do. I can't comment because I have no experience with either. All I know is the Hekko worked well for me. I set the temp to around 850F because 750F wasn't quite hot enough.

I pre ran all my wiring so I didn't waste any and I could think about my layout. I wanted all the connections to be somewhat close together so the harness wouldn't need to split all over the place. I'm aiming to keep everything clean. The wiring jumping fins looks messy, but I won't be seen when I'm done.

Here is the sink all wired and soldered up. I wish I could have ran the wire into the LEDs differently, but I didn't have as much room as I thought I would and I had to make due. I didn't want any shorts and the stars aren't very forgiving.

Here you can see the wiring harness I quickly did up. Each wire will go into a disconnect for easy pendant removal. I labelled each wire within the fins with a white (CW), yellow (NW) or blue (RB) piece of heat shrink for identification. Once the wires come out of the bundle they are marked with the string colour and a red (+) or grey (-) piece of heat shrink for easy hookup.

jcgd is offline   Reply With Quote