Thread: Unhappy hammer
View Single Post
Unread 05/10/2014, 12:39 AM   #10
Every1jockzjay
Moved On

I find my hammers to like a moderate to low flow, just so the tentacles sway nicely. How long have you had the leds? Is there anyyy variable at all that may have changed?
The only thing i see that may or may not be an issue is the deep sand bed, maybe its starting to leach nutrients back into the tank. I kno it sounds whacky but it looks like a somewhat mature tank and from what i kno dsb are like diaper and if not changed or clean they will eventually leak loll. Maybe siphon out some sand with water changes, if u decided to do that be carefull bc if that is a problem you dont want to disturb to much at once. I recently moved my tank and replaced sand and i couldnt believe how nasty the sand at the bottom of the tank was. It looked clean till i got to the bottom and stirred it up.
You may want other opinions im no expert. I just find that with sand bottoms if you dont stay ontop of cleaning it, it can really buildup alot of crud. Are you getting any nuisance algae at all?? My euphylia close up once in a while but its usually just to poo and open within an hour. Have you disturbed the sand bed at all recently?
Like i said im just takin a guess im not a pro lol

Every1jockzjay is offline   Reply With Quote