Thread: torn between...
View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Khemul
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
I have a 6' 125. I got it because I wanted tangs. I wish I wouldve gone with a 150/180 because of the depth.

The 125 is so skinny it becomes difficult to aquascape. If i could do it again I wouldve gone 120 or 150.
A 150 and a 125 have the same footprint. The 150 is just taller.

It is the 180/210 tanks that have the depth.

The key is height/width vs length. Personally when I had to make the decision I ended up with the 120 because it was cheaper and easier to transport.

The main things to consider though, how do you like to aquascape? Then think of which dimensions work best. I tend to go either flat or sloping stack, so I go for the widest footprint. But a lot of people build straight up or build a wall, in which case width isn't as important and length of the tank could be a better quality.

Next would be the fish you want to keep. If it is mostly fish that prefer distance swimming then length will be the best factor. Most other fish probably won't care which tank they're in really.

And aesthetics also. You have to live with it. Personally I prefer longer/shorter tanks from a looks perspective, but wider tanks just suite my needs better. Which is why if I set up another large tank in the future it'll be a 180.

Khemul is offline   Reply With Quote