View Single Post
Unread 09/25/2015, 12:07 PM   #1948
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybatz9 View Post
I don't have any test kits worth testing for. But I have 0 algae apart from dinos. Reduced feedings so phosphates should be low.

I have anemones, montis, frogspawn, hammer, torch, and zoas.
Two clown fish, bicolor blenny, six line wrasse, blood shrimp, ND pistol shrimp.
This is a 40gallon tank? You're in the US?

Sounds like you were trying the clean method. Have you tried the dirty? You actually want your phosphates to be measurable, not crazy, but like .03. Nitrate too, 2-3ppm. I would actually increase feeding. I raised nitrate in my tank artificially, and got green algae within 3 days. Shut off your skimmer, pull antiphosphate media. Give it a week and see how you go.

Cheapest way to get pods is to hit your local classifieds and see who has Chaeto algae.. it has to be harvested so people sell/give it away. It comes with a massive load of various pods. Before I knew I had dinos I gave baseball chunks of it away every month. (Interestingly, none of the recipients got dinos)

hth
ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote