View Single Post
Unread 04/19/2016, 10:37 PM   #1585
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks, jraker! Sailfin Blennies are cool. And sex-able! I'd love to get a little harem of those.

Today was all about Mr Zippy. He's such a challenge to photograph! He rarely is still, so you have to move with him, which blurs everything else. Hopefully, you can see some of his new-found blue.

I had my hand in the tank today, so I touched the white caulerpa. I was expecting it to fall apart, but it was still firm. So, I grabbed some and it pulled right up! I wasn't really planning to pull it all out, but it was so easy, I couldn't help myself.

At this time, the caulerpa biomass is the lowest it's been in months. What's left's in good shape, so I should be okay. This was a choice. I had left it unchecked, so it could grow and keep the tang well fed. Now I see that I can prune occasionally, when it gets too thick, and still keep up with the tang's consumption. Less caulerpa, less competition for nutrients with the seagrasses.

I fertilized the manatee grasses with plant tabs again. They seem to help. Growth rates slow after about a month. With all the new plants, I'm going to have a pretty impressive little meadow here soon! So close to the dream!

All but one piece of codium is still glued in place. Woo! It's such a cool macro. I hope it does well in my tank!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote