View Single Post
Unread 01/15/2008, 10:39 AM   #61
Quatro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flint&Eric
quatro,

please dont take my post the wrong way. i was just offering some clarification. just because something is not modern, does not mean it's not beautiful. if what you state was your true objective for this thread, perhaps it should have been stated so many more would be open to it. by labeling it modern you are limiting many simple beautiful aquariums.

calling a coral a "tyree LE" when it is not, is probably wrong in most reefers books. well to me the labeling of "modern" when it clearly is not fits in the same category.

even if a coral is not a "tyree LE" does not mean it cannot be stunning and the same can go with any aquarium.

jmo.
Hey F&E,

I'm just trying to be open minded to everyone's interpretation of something that is legitimately different from what you normally see as aquariums. Modernism seems like a pretty cool medium or theme for an aquarium setting, so seeing everybody's ideas is awesome.

I guess your post just struck me as critical, so I am very interested in your interpretation of what a "modern" aquarium might look like, that's all. I'm actually really interested to see if you come up with anything that fit's the bill of "modern" according to your standards, you have some awesome posts and your blog has great aquariums in it, so please do share your ideas of what modernism in aquaria is, instead of what it is not.

Thanks for listening...