View Single Post
Unread 04/20/2012, 12:06 PM   #25
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Everyone always asks the optic question, and there is no exact answer! its not like if u run 50 leds then u run 60 degree optics. It really depends on how many leds your running, the height of your tank, and the height of ur fixture from ur water. EXAMPLE: my tank is 24" tall, im running 90 leds, and my fixture is close to 8" off of my water. So i am running 80degree optics. Personally the optics made my tank look ALOT brighter, however i noticed some of my corals started bleaching, so i took off alot of the optics. The optcis above the clams, sps, and Nems i left on and a few spread thru out the tank. Id say i prolly removed around half of the optics. hope this helps

also what ur saying about the bridgelux being blue is not true. doesnt matter what fish tank i take a pic of my Iphone makes it look SUPER blue...its just the cheap cameras. If i had taken a pic with a nice camera and edited it like most people do, you could see the real color of my tank. But trust me to 10000k is way too blue..go with an even mix of 6500 and 10000k. If u like 20k look better than add more 10000k. If u like the 14-16k look, then add more 6500k. Just make sure no matter what u do a 2:1-Blue:white

SchnitzelReef is offline   Reply With Quote