View Single Post
Unread 04/15/2002, 07:33 AM   #4
Flatlander
Premium Member

OK, here I go again. Everytime I post, the thread dies. Hurry back Mark.

My 170 is filtered with a large model turf scrubber. I took 20 pics yesterday & will be updating my page in short order. This a full tank shot. The scrubber has been running a couple months and as seen in the pics, I had to make a glass body for it to sit in because of all the shipping damage. It has not leaked yet, but. So its to early for some results, but I can tell you, some results now that the screen is almost fully developed.

1. Its a very easy method of filtration.
2. I dont have to monitor & dump my skimmer anymore.
3. The screen only needs cleaning every second week or so.
4.MUCH easier for someone to look after when I am gone.
5.My tank looks great so far, but its still early. Lots of pods, an increase in sponge growth, corals like my alve & organ pipe are growing, large increase in filter feeding tube worms.
6.Although not all its cracked up to be, the surge is still nice. For sure not enough current for my tank, like I thought it may be. The corals like yellow porites, digita & birdsnest all love it though. They sit right under the surge. And the fish seem to enjoy it also, as they like playing in it.
7.I dont have a sandbed, so the scrubber is pulling out nitrates, ammonia, nitrites, etc. that a skimmer alone would not.

I do run carbon 24/7 in a power filter. No mech filtration is used. My fish load currently includes
- pair of mated cinnamon clowns.
-lone remaining orange skunk, that lives in the bubble coral with the tomato,s.
-three bangaii,s
-pair of chromis

I have no sump, but can run my Euroreef in an above tank sump if needed. {its behind a wall}.

As for power consumption, I use no large return pumps anymore. The scrubber uses a Hagen 802 for feed and a pair of 55 watt compacts for screen lighting. I use several more Hagen ph,s for flow, all built into the fake overflows. I have removed the Iwaki closed loop system I was using.

Current Tank Info: 50g sumpless sps tank..Evergrow 2081 led..Apex control..Tunze 9012 skimmer..Tunze calcium reactor..Tunze kalk reactor..2 rw8,s..1 MP40..1 Hydor Korillia 1200gph..Tunze ATO..all propagated sps frags
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote