View Single Post
Unread 04/17/2016, 08:24 AM   #5703
dkeller_nc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredfish View Post
And yet, I've seen others who have had success with acropora using Radions. Confuzzled stuff...
Yep. I should re-emphasize that generally all SPS that I have except for acropora do quite well. And in the case of acropora not all colonies do poorly, just most of them. One possible difference is that I do not buy frags or named corals. They are all generally maricultured colonies that have done well for 4-8 weeks (sometimes much longer) under MH in a tank. So it may simply be that certain acropora strains that have been pre-selected in the aquarium hobby do well under any sort of light of sufficient intensity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredfish View Post
Indeed. Personally I've never liked the look of an all T5 tank. I'm also not a fan of high K MH. I just don't like the blue shifted look.

As to the missing green in LEDs I'm a little surprised that the Luxeon lime has not found wider use in LEDs. For those fixtures using them, the colour balance, with the appropriate settings, is quite good.
There is one company that I'm aware of that makes use of the lime green diodes - Nanobox. They get high marks for color rendition.

dkeller_nc is offline   Reply With Quote