View Single Post
Unread 02/11/2018, 06:35 PM   #14
Hodad2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocean View Post
I understand Petco's in your area and your experience so far may not be great, and I'm not the poster boy for buying from them or anything, in fact years ago I did avoid them too, and a great many others as well, but then one of our local club members worked at one that was hub specializing in SW, and later I learned they can really vary, depending on who manages that Petco mainly.

I no longer clump them into one for this reason, each are the same to me as any individual LFS

Really no matter where you get your fish you should just assume they come w/ something, and always treat as such, QT before display introduction.

EVERY LFS or vendor has potential for a disease.

I do notice a fat belly as well, but before that is really obvious all clowns I've had clean an area to lay on at least a few days before, that's usually my first sign, but agree it gets pretty obvious to the point you pretty much know they are about to lay today.

And yes, this does come at nearly 2 years, maybe a little sooner if lucky.

Actually I’ve gotten all of my fish from Petco because of lack of Other choices. The two SW LFS here over charge by twice as much for the same fish or whatever. The only time I will buy from LFS is if it a species that I can’t get at petco. I found out that they order from the same breeders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hodad2 is offline   Reply With Quote