View Single Post
Unread 05/18/2012, 09:29 AM   #1198
Alex T.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
@Nate, it looks like to me that the impeller has probably not been cleaned that much in the past, and it's had calcium / magnesium deposits build up on it. When these deposits sit on the metal corrosion starts to occur underneath. Think of it as the same idea as to what happens with a tooth in your mouth underneath the plaque buildup - decay. You would need a new impeller assembly to get back up and running.

@Alex, if I'm not mistaken that skimmer is still fairly new. You might contact the person you purchased it from and see if he can get you the original receipt to get warranty on it. The impeller appears it's in really condition otherwise, so I'd try to go for warranty on it.
Jeremy, can't understand what you meant. Are you saying the impeller is in "good" or "bad" condition otherwise. Also, what does it appear that the issue is?

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote