View Single Post
Unread 04/03/2016, 07:16 PM   #108
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigé21v View Post
Awesome shots! Thanks for taking the time to post them.
I was planning on getting a scope sometime in the near future. I had decided on a low power boom-style, mostly to examine incoming corals for nasties. That was before I came across this thread..
Would it be possible for you to post the magnification on some of the pics you'll be adding in the future? Or, if the magnification of the pics through the camera aren't the same as if when observing, what you estimate the magnification to be? I'm curious to know just how much power is needed to get the detail in some of your shots.
I did the first time mention the approximate magnification. I'll see what I can do the next time.

Many of the shots are with the 40x and 100x lenses. With the camera looking like around 10x on top of that or a little better. It's a little closer then using the 10x eye peices but not near as close as using the 25x eye peices.

Above is the calibration slide with the different lens x values.

Post#93
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...php?p=24440669

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote