View Single Post
Unread 03/19/2016, 05:05 PM   #112
homer1475
Registered Member

Day 2 of the cycle. I put the 2 bags of seachem biomatrix media I've had in my sump of the biocube in the there today. Hopefully tht will cycle it a little faster.

Now that I look at the tank, I'm definitely not going to transfer any rock over. My only concern is transferring all the fish over. It's roughly 3 times the volume as my biocube, but my 5 fish I think might be a huge bioload initially. So not sure how to go about moving them all over. Unfortunately when I start taking things off the cube, I'll have to move everything at once. I know the corals will be fine, it's my fish I'm worried about.

Anywho, fixed up some leaking plumbing today, and got it all dialed in perfectly with filter socks installed. I still have one small leak where the spa flex meets a 45 because I didn't cut it long enough and it's barely glued in place, but it only drips back into the sump so it's not a huge issue. I'll have to get a couple new plumbing parts to fix it properly as the end that's on the pump fittings are glued in tight.

So if anyone has any ideas on how to not kill my fish when I do a transfer, it would be appreciated.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote