View Single Post
Unread 08/27/2016, 04:29 AM   #111
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejawitz View Post
Ok, I will ramp it up. Since I am at 10% now, can I go to 20% today?
Yes, I'd recommend raising the blue by 10 and the white by 5 every 7 to 10 days. The corals want more blue for photosynthesis. At 50 blue and 25 white slow down the increases (increase the power less and take longer between increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmanda View Post
I'm trying to visualize what the LED set-ups look like, as they aren't sold locally, they look like spot-lights if I look at the Kessil or the Radion LED lamps....

Is it fair to assume that each one of those will cover a certain radius, so say my tank was 60 inches long, I would need at least 2 radions to cover?
Each fixture has a fixed area it can cover. How deep the tank is and how high the light is off the water affect how big that 'footprint' is. Most 'ordinary' size fixtures like a Radion will cover roughly 1.5' to 2' wide and 2' to 2.5' long. If you have soft corals 2 may be enough, lps may need more than 2 in order to do well and sps will need 3 to do well.