View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2013, 11:03 AM   #87
plthijinx
Registered Member

Hey y'all. new to the forum and have been back in the hobby for about 6 months now after about a 6 year hiatus. I just had two fish (blue damsel & clown fish) die. I QT'd them and treated them with Herbtana but to no avail. The symptoms were lethargy in both of them with sore like wounds on them. The Damsel died first then the clown a couple days later. Here's a weird note, I would do a 50% water change every other day and on the last water change within an hour the clown fish snapped out of it's lethargic state and back to it's normal feisty self. I thought cool! he's going to make it only to wake up the next morning to find him dead. there were no signs of ich whatsoever. i'm thinking the infection wasn't parasitic.

everything else in my display are good and show no signs of stress. ph is right down the middle, salinity is 1.024, nitrates are a tad high (5 ppm) but i'm working on that, bought the tank used and it had been severely neglected, nitrites and amm are 0. tank consists of 2 pj's, one dragon gobi and house cleaners (aka shrimp and snails).

yesterday i went out and bought another clown fish and anenomie. both seem to be doing fine although i did catch a bristle worm trying to steal the food i'd just given the anenomie but the anenomie won that round.

your thoughts?

plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote