View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2016, 08:12 AM   #2546
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress View Post
Quiet_Ivy, don't give up...i know you said you're keeping your NO3 at 15, are you also keeping your PO4 at ~.03? I think dinos flourish when there is an imbalance between NO3 and PO4 so if you have limited PO4, have you tried dosing? Something like Brigthwell NeoPhos can add some PO4 without polluting your tank even more.
I'm just discouraged. I'm running out of low tech-low cost options, things are getting worse and even if I do beat the dinos down my sandbed is going to be SO full of cysts.

I was keeping NO3 at 5ppm, the spike to 15 was a mistake. Phos at about .05 I was dosing NaNo3 at about 3ppm *daily*, and a (land plant based) P fertilizer weekly. Currently nitrate is still about 15 which is very odd. P undetectable.

ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote