View Single Post
Unread 11/02/2012, 12:54 AM   #23
kevantheman35
Registered Member

Impressions of the mp10 so far
Pros:

1. Its awesome to have multiple settings to play with. I played with making waves on short pulse mode before finally settling on lagoon mode at about 100%. What settings does everyone like to use?
2. It has much more sex appeal than my tunze pumps haha.
3. It is much less noticeable in the aquarium than other pumps and takes up a lot less room.
Cons:
1. It is way louder than any pump I have ever used when set anywhere near full power. I would rather g with an mp20 or 40 and set the power real low to minimize sound.
2. The dry side gets very hot and I am constantly messing with it afraid that the two sides are not perfectly aligned and the pump will overheat or break.
3. You have no choice but to have an ugly cord going across your tank as it is impossible to hide if you have the pump on the side of the tank.

Overall I like it a lot so far. I got a very good deal on the mp10, trading a tunze 6025 and a little cash for it, so I am not out too much if it does break on me. Plus I always have a tunze 6045 sitting around if I change my mind.

Current Tank Info: 34g Mixed Reef Solana (2 years old). 12g jbj nanocube dx (retired at 2 years old)
kevantheman35 is offline   Reply With Quote