View Single Post
Unread 10/12/2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Stuart60611
Registered Member

I have housed several over the years. There are several species which go under the common name blue dot toby puffer, but most of them look similar and involve the same care. I currently house one with a bunch of fish: an Indian Trigger, Onespot Foxface, Dogface Puffer, Pinkface Wrasse, Harlequin Tusk, Flame Hawk, and Yellow Tail Damsel.

Usually, most fish leave toby puffers alone because they can tell from the shape and markings of the toby that it is poisenous to eat. As such, I am able to house this 3 inch puffer with a bunch of larger and more aggressive fish without incident. It is a very colorful and personable fish who is inquisitive and eats well. It is usually out and about, but it also likes to chill out under an overhang. It never picks on any tankmates, but I am not sure whether it would be attracted to the fins of the lionfish and start to nip at them. The other concern I would have for you would be if the lionfish or betta decided to eat the toby puffer. It would likely result in the death of both fish. I am not sure whether this could be a problem or not and best to ask those who are more experienced in keeping lionfish and bettas. Overall, one of my favorite fowlr fish.

Stuart60611 is offline   Reply With Quote