View Single Post
Unread 01/25/2010, 08:05 AM   #266
d2mini
Registered Member

Did some re-aquascaping saturday and moved some of the sponges around sunday. I'm trying to keep ammonia below 1.0 so I've done two 25g water changes so far and will have to do another tonite. I think I got the rocks pretty much where I want them with two non-symmetrical islands which looks good but also allows the Vortechs to push water between them and then bounce off the front corner and throughout the tank. It was REALLY hard trying to fit rock in a walk around tank without just piling it all in the center! But I think it turned out kinda cool. I even have a little roof sticking out from the right side in the center.

Also got my FLOR tiles delivered on Friday!
So i laid those down on sunday, too.
And finally I also received my Vortech Back-up Battery so I installed that.

Oh and last week I got my BRS reactor going with HC GFO and ROX Carbon, and also installed my Turbo Twist UV Filter in my sump.
So I think I've now got all tank equipment hooked up and running, all my rock, sand and cuc is in, I've got some pretty stuff in the tank to look at for a while... so I think I'm good!

My next project is going to be in the garage.
Two 65g food grade water storage tanks, plumbed together, for fresh and saltwater mixing. With a hidden water line running through the wall to my tank for ATO, and another set of plumbing to do water changes direct from the water tanks. To be continued....

Here's some new pics.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote