View Single Post
Unread 11/11/2017, 07:06 AM   #11
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek@1985 View Post
For whatever reason, I get outbreak of dinos after dosing aminos almost in a day or 2. I tried all - Eloa, acropower, KZ , aquaforest and now just feed my fishes heavily and that seems to do the trick .
I guess unless you are running crazy low ULNS tank, aminos will hardly show a positive impact .

Regards,
Abhishek
Agreed... I’ve always gotten outbreaks of cyano when using aminos..
Doesn’t mean they don’t have a place in the hobby, though..
Acropower is aspartic acid. An amino acid. So, if you feel that amino acids are beneficial and I suppose in systems with very low- ultra low nutrients, it can be argued that they are beneficial, it can help.
The product itself is not snake oil, it is what it is purported to be. Whether your tank/corals really need it needs to be answered by your own experience with the product.
With your n where it is and p ‘undectectable’ perhaps you’ll see some benefits..
If you find your corals are pale or not growing very well but otherwise healthy, it may help..
however, another fish or two in your system may have the same effect..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote