View Single Post
Unread 09/17/2018, 02:49 PM   #28
cedwards04
Registered Member

So its been a few days since i updated. My dosing pump came in and i got it all set up, I've been dosing red sea a,b and c, and also dosing nitrates.

My numbers now are sitting at
Ca 440
Alk 9.2
Mg 1400
Nitrates 4

Im going to check again in a couple of days and see where everything stands at that point and i will decide if i need to make any adjustments to my dosing amounts. I will most likely back off at least on the nitrates a little. I did want to elevate my alk a little as i have always struggled to keep it much over 7dkh, so i am happy to see that number climb some, but will definitely monitor it to be sure it doesnt get out of hand.

I will also note that while i have seen an improvement in coloration, i am still no where near where i need to be color wise. My next purchase will be a phosphate tester of some sort so i can make sure my phosphates are where they need to be. I would love suggestions on an accurate phosphate tester. I use red sea test kits for everything else and am happy with them, so I'll likely go that route but i am hesistant after reading a few bad reviews.

If my phosphates seem in a good range, im going to adjust my doser just to keep all parameters stable and wait a few weeks to see if the colors continue to improve. Im not sure how long it should take for my colors to make a comeback. I can for sure see an improvement, no doubt about it, i just wonder if it will stop there or continue to improve.

cedwards04 is offline   Reply With Quote