View Single Post
Unread 11/29/2016, 01:43 PM   #68
neiltus
Registered Member

New Fish (and plants)
The fish I ordered showed up today. Both looked a little shocked, but were mobile. Put them in a Formalin Dip for their 50minutes of torture. I used about 1.9ml of Formalin MS (37%) at 2.5 gallons of very aerated salt water. Then into an 10g OT where I will try to get them eating over the next week before starting TTM.

The Gold Rhomboidalis Wrasse is larger than I expected. It looked like he went into cocoon mode after the bath, went around the OT once and found a hiding spot to zone out. I imagine his color is off, but he is still a damn dapper fish.

The Pygmy Possum did the same. He is small, color is a lot more vivid than in the photos.

I also received some shaving brush plants, gave them a quick rinse in RODI water and into the makeshift fuge. Basically I eggcrated off a portion of the return pump area and put in a JBJ Glo Nano light. Hoping to offset some of the pH swing I have and possibly remove some NO3 in the process. I also have some Chato coming later this week. I am not optimistic that these plants will do much to NO3, but it will not hurt to find out....more concerned about the pH dips.

Dripping Kalk has helped quite a bit. My pH was dropping below about 7.78-7.75, with the Kalk dripping it now is only dropping to around 7.92 at night.

Potters and Goby
Doing well, still eating. No signs of any nasties...They were started in QT (w Formalin, TTM+Prazi on 10/12, so sometime at the end of next week they will go in DT. That will give them 8 weeks and change in QT and free up the other 10g for TTM on the new fish.

Dino Battle
Still looks better than it did with the Kalk slurries. I have on hand some seachem Metro to do a 10 day regime at 250mg per 10 gallons, I also ordered some "Vibrant" by Underwater Creations...it was discussed on another forum and some individuals have used it with pretty decent results. Not at a point where I am ready to go there...just willing if other measures don't work.

Before

After (today at lights on)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2592260
neiltus is offline   Reply With Quote