View Single Post
Unread 02/20/2017, 05:05 AM   #13
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Too bad you couldn't make it. There was a good turnout and there were some great deals to be had, especially if you waited to bid on items later in the auction, I got several great deals right near the end with a few higher end frags for $5 to $8 each!

Unfortunately Sarasota is right in the middle between the Tampa Bay club and the Southwest Florida club. They are both good organizations so being involved with either would be a good thing.

There is one great event near you. In November there is a HUGE BBQ and good frag auction held at Brian Green's home in Nokomis and a lot of members from both clubs attend. And besides all the regular monthly meetings we do, the June snorkel trip to the Keys and the October Reef Conference are both extra special. The Reef Conference has hardware vendors, coral vendors, 3 or 4 speakers, a Friday night Banquet with a sponsor/speaker and a HUGE raffle! The June snorkel trip is just plain fun from one end to the other. A trip out to a big reef (maybe to a wreck this year, some do a little scuba, we do some off the beach snorkeling and collecting (with appropriate licenses) and share some meals and side trips. I've been on 5 or 6 and have always had a great time. Besides, June is a great month to snorkel the Keys, warm water, sunny, little chance of afternoon thunderstorms and/or hurricanes.