View Single Post
Unread 03/14/2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Blink2824
Registered Member

Well, I was talking to Jeff about the CLR-II and explaining how I was maybe thinking long-term in case I needed to have a sump under the DT again one day... but he quickly talked me out of it and into the LF1-300S. Given the sump will be in the unfinished basement, I really have no limit on space... Of course I couldn't resist adding on a lifereefugium so I went with the 16" model. Jacked up my budget for this whole thing but if I am going to spend the money, it is going to be on the skimmer/sump/flow/filtration aspect of the build. I just finished the entire upstairs flooring so now my wife can stop bugging me about getting the baby room decorated on time. Moving downstairs this week- Since the tank is going to parallel the joists... i'm going to sister the floor joists, and beef up the support. Cut a hole in the drywall and remove a section of subfloor to figure out how i'm going to plumb this thing (first time plumbing, need all the help I can get). I also plan on building the saltwater station and mounting my RODI unit this weekend if time allows... I will update with more pictures as I make progress on the actual build.

I also e-mailed Steve with SCA to try and get an idea of the canopy. I've been trying to decide on lighting/canopy design...and when I start reading into the lighting debate it makes my head spin. I have two Chinese LED full spectrum 125w on my 75 gallon for the past 8 months and have seen o.k. growth/color on my frags... but I think I will want to supplement with T5. Either way, I plan to have a "floating canopy" above the tank... still thinking this part through...

Blink2824 is offline   Reply With Quote