View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2016, 11:28 AM   #2937
joti26
Registered Member

Yes trying similar ralibon, ordered new skimmer and replacing RO membrane as I also suspect that, didn't test it with tds as really knew it was past it's best and felt the money for a metre might as well be just spent on a new membrane. Adding Nyos Bac and my little population of pods daily. Pretty sure cyano is linked as well as I had similar to you. Mine aren't or don't seem to be toxic and still convinced my coral beauty is eating it! Still getting some every day on soft corals and lost my Duncan and Cat's paw but everything else still coping. It's interesting how it seems to change though, had none on sand for a few days but now less on glass. Then last two days more on sand again. My cheato has hardly grown at all since the outbreak and really torn on lighting in the sump as I put a grow light in and that's when I got a massive cyano outbreak so took it out and put the T8 back in but like you thinking the lack of lighting isn't helping outgrow the Dino so trying the stronger grow light again tonight. I have also added some polyfilter to help get rid of any toxins especially if the RO was dodgy. Very persistent on some soft corals and not others also interesting, two zoas next to each other and one gets it the other one doesn't. Looking forward to getting where you are, nearly there though and definitely nowhere near as bad as some!

Last edited by joti26; 02/03/2016 at 11:59 AM.
joti26 is offline   Reply With Quote