View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2015, 12:36 PM   #2178
Budman422
Registered Member

[quote name="Budman422" post=24100418]When I had dinos I could take and put it in another tank . The other tank had no dinos and it would disapeare. I still believe it is an imbalance and lack of diversity. I am dino free in my tank for about 11 months. I do water changes once a month. But I do not run gfo or carbon anymore. I also still feed heavy.[/QUOTE]

Do you skim wet? Do you run anything? Any algae from feeding heavy? Explain how you feed heavy, and do you dose phytoplankton?

I have returned to normal skimming not wet. I have a 125 with only 7 fish with most of those being small. As far as feeding it looks like a snowstorm in the tank 1 to 2 times a day flake and frozen up to 5 cubes a day. I have very little algea in the display. And change about 25 gallons a month. I do run a 20 gallon fuge full of cheato and calurpa that I got from several different tanks. I think that helped with diversity. I also run kalkwasser through an ato for all top off. This was a 3 year + battle that I did not think I would win.

Budman422 is offline   Reply With Quote