Thread: Startup help
View Single Post
Unread 10/11/2018, 08:41 PM   #8
top shelf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
So I am new to the saltwater tank and have had this tank for 2 months now.
•It is not recommended to try an anemone till your tank is atleast 6 months old, preferably a year. It gives your tank time to stabilize and allows you time as the hobbyist to understand your tank and become familiar with it.
I had African cichlids tank for 7 years. I have a clown fish, 2 damsels and a sailfin tang in a 30 gal tank.
•I hope you have plans to rehome the sailfin tang, maybe your aware maybe not but they can grow to over a foot and require atleast 180g tank.
I have about 15 pounds of live rock with fine white sand.
I would love to keep some anemones. Please help with what do I need first and if I should ?
•You will need proper lighting, stability, and a more mature tank but yes you absolutely could.
Also, I have 2 HOB filters. I tried to search and I’m more lost about the lighting and what kind of corals or anemones I can have.
•If your plan is to keep an anemone you will need strong lighting. With a roughly $100 budget your best bet is one of the Chinese black boxes like Mars aqua. Start with easy soft corals like zoas, gsp, etc. Once you can keep those alive and thriving move onto some lps duncans, hammers, torches, cam be good beginner choices and add movement. Once you can keep those alive and thriving and have a more mature and stable tank you can add a bta. Just remember to go slow and do as much research and reading as you can before moving forward with a purchase.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put bullets next to my responses to some of your questions.

Current tank info: 45g SCA Cube
top shelf is offline   Reply With Quote