View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2008, 12:09 AM   #14
SLODEN53
Registered Member

Awwww, it such a pleasure to see your beautiful reef tank again! Since I began reading your original thread about a year ago, I have had a 20 gallon and 50 gallon skimmerless reef tank and they both just flourished! And now we have a 125 gallon that has all of things that were in the 20 and 50 combined together along with a 30 gallon sump and a Berlin skimmer.

It has only been set up for about 2 weeks now, but we used allof the sand, rock and water that were in the two smaller tanks. It is doing very well with the exception of my pumping zenias (sp?). At first they were doing great, fully opened, waving around in the current and pumping regularly. But in the past several days, they have closed up, shrunk down and appear to be upset about something. This is the only thing in the 125 that has taken a turn for the worse. They look very much alive, just not as tall or open, waving about or pumping.

Any ideas as to what they might not be liking? I am doing all the same things that were done prior to adding the sump/refugium and skimmer.

Your pictures are as always, gorgeous!

Susie

"You learn something new everyday"!

Current Tank Info: 125 gal with all soft corals
SLODEN53 is offline   Reply With Quote