View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2008, 10:20 AM   #23
Aquabucket
Premium Member

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I know the tank is stocked with many corals that may not be so exotic but it still looks pretty good I think.

Before I post a couple of more pics I'll try to answer everyone's questions.

tkeracer619 ~ Right now I have 4 fish: 2 chromis, a damsel and a yellow watchman goby. The damsel and the goby were stocked when the tank was first set-up. I usually have 5 fish though and have raised 2 yellow tangs which were traded out to suitable homes when they reached a certain size. I am currently looking to add another small fish possibly a yellow fang blenny.

vietcu ~ Yes the glass stays pretty clean. There is room around the entire rock structure that enables me to keep it that way. The tank gets scraped down with a razor during every water change. Otherwise a mag float does the rest.

SLODEN53 ~ Nice to hear from you again Susie! Sorry to hear about your xenia troubles. I can't keep xenia alive very long in my tank and have no idea why. I do know that in nature it can grow wildly for awhile then can die off suddenly. Some say iodine can help, others say intense light keeps them pulsing.

Dave VG ~ I do run plenty of carbon to help with warfare. I think a big factor is just plain luck or the fact that the corals grew into each other rather than just plopped down as larger colonies.

I did have to remove a large bubble coral as it was beginning to take up a 1/4 of the tank. I also lost a red lobo when it got stung by a rhodactus mushshroom. When stinging does go on I just break up the fight and try to move things around a little or cut something back.

Thanks again for all the kind comments everyone! Here is another pic. I am going to try to take some close-ups later today.