View Single Post
Unread 11/27/2015, 08:42 AM   #2249
Billybatz9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Ivy View Post
The dino explosion's not surprising. Feel free to blame me. (I figured the high ammonia with no obvious source might get worse and is a problem to all your critters while your dinos aren't immediately toxic as you've had ongoing issues with them.) Did your ammonia drop? I don't change my filter socks at all, but mine aren't 10 micron.

I'm not making fun of you; my tank's N and P crashed and I'm back at the beginning with a lot of dinos. It is crazy-making to not have an enjoyable tank when one is trying to do things right.

Re the dirty method, you're already doing it if your nitrates were that high. What's your phosphate? I have mostly lps and they actually look better after a few weeks of measurable nitrate. Monti caps and my 2 unknowns too.

@bheron Your tank continues to rebalance, I'm glad to see it.
@jason that stuff is definitely dying off!

ivy
I was going to do water change anyways. Didn't ant ammonia killing everyhing. Nitrates were high too. My hands were tied. But the dinos are crazy of how much these water changes affect them. It sucks. I wish my cyan would grow on sand, not rocks. But oh well. I'll continue with dirty method

Billybatz9 is offline   Reply With Quote