View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2014, 08:53 PM   #306
Swirlygig
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri_ann View Post
17 SPS's are severely affected. I removed them from the 135g to the 40B because I will be able to better observe and care for them. These 17 may be lost as that's how bad they are. No or very little polyp extension, white coloration, brown out and tissue loss. Makes me sick as 3/4ths are high dollar sticks

I did a test of the ORA and YZ Red Planets...Lugul's for 5 minutes and then blasted them. I didn't find any flatworms, nudi's or eggs. That's good and I didn't see any signs on the other 15 SPS's. I didn't realize that RB's could reek so much havoc on them!

Stick keepers are great! I have been keeping them for about 5 years. I really like Milli's because of the polyps...I like movement in the tanks! I had just received in late September 13 new SPS's. Many of the 17 are those I dropped about a grand on them so......... But, I try to look on the positive side of things...things could be worse Over the years, I have had 2 tank crashes That's the worst!! Think I need to get a really good magnifying glass as my eye's just aren't what they used to be

I will Google AEFW's. Thanks again!
Is there a reason why you didn't just treat your tank? Sentinel doesn't hurt anything but your typical crustaceans. i.e. hermits, crabs, maybe urchin

Clams, anemones, corals, fish, cucumbers, snails, starfish will all be just fine. If anything I would have moved the inverts to the 40breeder instead. Pulling coral off rocks sounds like a pain.

Swirlygig is offline   Reply With Quote