Thread: Vertex cerebra
View Single Post
Unread 04/23/2012, 10:58 PM   #98
Luxo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrasap View Post
I'm on my fifth Android phone, I started with the original G1 and have since had a G1 dev phone, an Atrix, a Captivate, and now a Galaxy S II, on top of that I have a Galaxy Tab and a Kindle Fire both of which also run Android. I'm somewhat of an Android fanboy so to speak but I also know that every single one of the Android devices that I have and have had need to be rebooted fairly regularly and all of them balk at certain tasks. Android is somewhat clunky but being open source and having the advertising power of google and the big phone networks has made it a huge hit. I love my phone and Kindle Fire, the Galaxy Tab is okay and gets fairly dusty as it spends a-lot of time sitting on the shelf.

Just in my experience with Android it's sometimes anoying, overall fairly clunky and not all that stable, that said most Android devices are really fun to play with but not something I would want to trust with my tank.
Jason,
We are all Android users in my household! while my daughter has most issues with her phone for me I have had not much of a challenge with my phones or tab, You are right that the open source factor exposes users to aps that are causing the issues.
As for the OS itself it is a living thing with all the updates all the time.
With Honey comb when it was released it did work well for most handsets but had issues on tabs!
I think the most challenge here would be to optimize for the purpose the device is designed for and if they accomplish that then it should be no issue.
But I guess until released that is an "if"
As a hobbyist I have high hopes for this device but as a professional I do realize there will be challenges ahaed of them!
I hope they do overcome these challenges since if it is a stable device I would ditch the profilux rightaway! if not I guess I will try the Reef Angel!
How do you find the Reef Angel!?
Cheers,
Dave

Luxo is offline   Reply With Quote