View Single Post
Unread 09/04/2017, 08:20 PM   #12
rishma
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish4 View Post
Christmas started early this year. In order to setup my quarantine tank, I needed another light and ATO.

For the ATO, I ordered the ATK for the Apex to replace the Tunze Nano ATO on the main tank. The Tunze Nano ATO will be moved to the QT tank. I was using a waterproof box to house all my electronics, but it got overcrowded and hot, so I moved everything to the wall temporarily. As you can see, it does NOT look pretty. The long term solution will be to build an electronics box on the side of the stand.

Untitled by Mike Burns, on Flickr

For the light, I ordered the AI Prime HD and the 12" mounting arm. The mount arrived today, but the light won't be here until Wednesday. Gotta love Amazon logistics! Once it arrives I am going to mount it to the main tank and see if it has enough spread to compare to the Hydra. I'm hoping it does as it will look a lot cleaner and remove the need for the director. Whichever light I like least will go over the QT.

I also ordered the BRS 2-part complete 1 gallon kit. No idea when that will be delivered, but when it is, I will be able to start supplementing calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.

Next on the list is to get the phyto and pod cultures going. I'm still designing how I'm going to set this up for the easiest use.

I'm enjoying your build. I think I could have gone without seeing your cords!

rishma is offline   Reply With Quote