View Single Post
Unread 12/29/2016, 07:10 PM   #1837
jason2459
Registered Member

Done for the most part with a little testing of a product called Vibrant. So, I went ahead and swapped out my LED light fixtures for the sb reeflight sbars I got earlier this month.

So, swapped out 3 120w fixtures for 4 135w bar lights. Keeping the 60" dual bulb hamilton sunv t5ho strip.

The spread is perfect (no cross bar shadowing) and even though there's a good amount more wattage being delivered it doesn't at seem to bright but that could be due to a lot more blue leds (450 and 420nm). Which I'm sure par and pur is a lot more. Will need to get the par meter out later. It is bluer looking in the tank but more around 14k and blends right in with the coral plus T5s. So, if you have Coral plus bulbs the "blueness" is right about even with that. Many people that like 20k look say the coral plus is to white. It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it. I'm not a 20k person so it looks good to me.

So, here's around 700 watts mounted under the hood (from around 520 watts). I love how these bars mount and fully adjustable positions along the length and angle.

Front to back
50/50 sbar
Actinic sbar
T5H0 w/ 2 coral plus bulbs
Actinic sbar
50/50 sba4

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote