View Single Post
Unread 03/13/2016, 07:03 PM   #226
tmz
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCnty View Post
So if you get an outbreak in a reef system, you should transfer all fish to a qt and dose there??? As copper is not good for corals, true??? Just wondering... As I have never had an outbreak, but yet preparing for the worse...
Also IF you had a FOWLR with just one fish can you not qt that fish & treat said fish, and let the tank ick die off naturally w/o dosing copper??? Hope you all understand what I am asking... Again never had ick but would like to have answers before it happens, so I am more informed if/when it does...
Also what is the timeline of getting rid of ick in a DT without dosing copper (ie no fish)???
Yes , treat them in qt. Leave the infected tank fishless for 72 days.Copper will kill corals and other inverts. I'd suggest you stop in at the fish disease forum and read some of the information there .IT's quite extensive.

Current Tank Info: Tank of the Month , November 2011 : 600gal integrated system: 3 display tanks (120 g, 90g, 89g),several frag/grow out tanks, macroalgae refugia, cryptic zones. 40+ fish, seahorses, sps,lps,leathers, zoanthidae and non photosynthetic corals.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote