View Single Post
Unread 01/17/2018, 10:38 AM   #6612
Bpb
Registered Member

The T5 Q&a Thread - split

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball View Post
(to add some more options to Bpb's post)

Depends on the look you want, see here for some suggested combos. https://www.atinorthamerica.com/faq.php You will have plenty of power with an 8 bulb over an 18X18 so personally I would swap 2 of the blue for actinic bulbs to put on dawn and dusk channel. I think blue plus alone is ugly but that is personal opinion.

Agreed. Blue+ alone has a turquoise look to it. Like looking at the clear summer sky but with about 2% green added to it. Not the best for dawn/dusk. If you can manage some royal
Blue LEDs alone honestly that’s the best thing for pure fluorescence alone. I wish I had the space in my canopy for some. But my tank is also 18” and the ati fixture takes up every inch. It’s flush with the tank as far as footprint goes. Just elevated 12” up.

I actually have my two white bulbs on the 2 bulb channel people normally use for their dawn dusk blues. My morning and night Blue period actually uses the big 6 bulb channel, and the two whites come on for 8 hours in the middle

I didn’t do this specifically to have a brighter dawn dusk, but instead to have more uniform spectral coverage from the whites rather than being dominated front, back, or ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote