View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2010, 05:33 AM   #15
zygote2k
Nuisance Algae

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiriqbal View Post
Blasterman789....... As usual you pop around every now and repeat what people have already discussed and tried to find a solution to such problems. There are no such rules set in stone regarding ratio or for any particular flux for the white LEDs. Your argument has already been discussed on other thread and please don't try to repeat yourself over and over again. I guess we all are in experimenting mode at the moment and with shared knowledge (DIY), we will get where we want.
Sounds like you don't like your set-up either.

Honestly, I feel the same way about the white issues. When I used P38's, I got the crazy colors and got used to it- I still had thought it was too blue in many circumstances. It looks right on certain tanks.
I just got the 12k Photon Cannon and there is zero blue light and this great amount of white light makes everything look like A$$. I guess that means that I really have drab corals and I need to find vibrant colored corals that look good in 12k. It does show off the true colors of my fish though, but I do miss the fluorescent abilities of the blue light.

Current Tank Info: LED powered LPS tank.
zygote2k is offline   Reply With Quote